The ALPS prosthetic sock is lightweight and soft, providing cushioning and comfort for a superior fit. Available in 1, 3, and 5 ply, the socks are manufactured with Coolmax fibers to create a moisture management system which moves perspiration away from the body and through the fabric, where it can evaporate quickly. They accomodate volume fluctuation and can be worn alone or with ones prosthesis.
- Coolmax fibers allow a cool, comfortable wear
- Keeps its shape over time, minimal stretch and will not mat down
- Socks with distal hole are only available with plastic reinforcement
- The plastic reinforced hole prevents fraying of the seam around the distal hole
When selecting your socks, there are several considerations:
1. Select Size for Size-Length
- Narrow is often for arms
- Medium is often for below knee amputations
- Wide is often for above knee amputations
2. Select Length for Size-Length
- Extra Short 8"
- Short 10"
- Regular 14"
- Long 18"
- Extra Long 22" - Not Available
3. Choose thickness
4. Select Hole in Toe
If you know the manufacturer number, you can refer to the sizing chart: